|iisTypeGen generates a strongly typed class from the IIS7 schema.|
iisTypeGen [schema path] [section name] [output dir] [language]
[schema path]: Schema xml file or directory.
If a directory is specified, the sections will be merged.
[section name]: The schema section name to generate.
To generate all sections, specify "*".
[output dir]: Generated code files will be created in dir.
- Optional arg, default will be current directory.
[language]: The specified language to generate the code in.
- Optional arg, but must be "C#" or "VB". Default is C#.
iisTypeGen C:\schemaDir system.webServer/httpErrors C:\genCode C#
iisTypeGen IIS_schema.xml * C:\genCode VB
This utility was based on a tool that Kanwaljeet Singla
blogged about a while back.
I found that I wanted a little more control over what the generated types looked like, so I decided to leverage Kanwal's schema parser (slightly modified) and wrap my head around System.CodeDom to see what I could come up with.
- Create types in C# or VB. NET
- Generate "merged" types based on multiple schema files containing the same section path
- Automatically defined regions for sections, collections, elements, and enums
- Eliminates unnecessary duplicate types within the namespace
|Examples generated from the system.webServer/httpErrors section of the Beta 3 schema|
|C# - SystemWebServer.HttpErrors.cs|
|VB .NET - SystemWebServer.HttpErrors.vb|
|Download iisTypeGen.zip (16kb)|
|If anybody runs into any nasty bugs or has any other feedback, feel free to drop me a line|
|Michael Ayling - 2007|